The Temple Brotherhood is a major Temple affiliate with a tradition of service to the Congregation. Brotherhood continually strives to be an important resource to serve the interests of the Temple and to create opportunities to explore men’s issues and men’s spirituality.
Brotherhood consists of a Steering Committee that meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7pm at the Temple and is open to all - both members and non members. The Steering Committee is a shared leadership concept where we accommodate each others strengths. A Brotherhood representative is a member of the Temple Executive Board of Directors. Our mission is to bring others into this shared leadership to carry forward the goals of Brotherhood. We have a Treasurer, Recording Secretary, Membership & Social Chairperson.
Brotherhood also sponsors the following Temple functions:
- The annual & very successful 2nd Night Passover Seder which is also our major fund raiser.
- Brotherhood takes great pride in having assisted our Religious School upper grades for more than 15 years in visiting Israel via a scholarship fund, providing a $1,000 grant to each participant.
- Shabbat Services in June near Father’s Day.
- The very successful quarterly Sunday Breakfast Programs with a guest speaker.
Brotherhood also supports:
- Scholar in Residence weekend
- Mitzvah Day
- Oneg for Sisterhood Shabbat Service
- The maintenance, upkeep, and beautification of the Temple Cemetery on a monthly basis
Brotherhood is affiliated with Men of Reform Judaism (formerly National Federation of Temple Brotherhoods) and the Chautauqua Society, which is an international charity devoted to interfaith understanding through education.
We extend an invitation to all non members of the Congregation to become active, participating members which will provide faster assimilation into our Temple family and extended community as well as a feeling of belonging and bonding.